For use on clothing, tents, sleeping bags, and other outdoor gear, Sawyer Permethrin repels or kills disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease), mosquitoes (West Nile and Zika viruses) and more than 55 other kinds of insects. Perfect for camping, backpacking, hunting, travel, backyard BBQs, picnics, and more, Permethrin insect and tick repellent adds an odorless layer of protection to shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, sleeping bags, tents, netting, and other outdoor, camping, hunting, and travel gear. A University of Rhode Island study (2017) found that people wearing permethrin-treated shoes and socks were 73.6 times less likely to have a tick bite than those wearing untreated footwear. Using it on outdoor gear also helps reduce the mosquito population in your camp and prevents ticks from attaching to you. Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks (42 days) of exposure to sun and air or 6 washings. Specially formulated not to stain or damage your clothing, other fabrics, gear, and equipment, it's odorless after drying and is as effective as 100% DEET. To apply, spray Permethrin directly onto clothing and gear with a slow sweeping motion, keeping the bottle about 6 to 8 inches away, and treating each side of the garment for about 30 seconds. The EPA recommends using 4.5 ounces of Permethrin to spray each outfit (consisting of shirt, pants, and socks). Maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Picaridin topical repellent for the skin. Since 1984, Sawyer has used technological advancements to create products that keep you outdoors — from the backcountry to the backyard — including insect repellents for both skin and clothing, water filters for camping and emergencies, and sun protection.
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with Permethrin insect and tick repellent spray — perfect for use on shirts, jackets, pants, socks, shoes, boots, sleeping bags, tents, netting, when outdoors, camping, hunting, or on travel
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard BBQs, and other outdoor activities, it's effective against more than 55 kinds of insects — from disease-spreading ticks (Lyme disease) and mosquitoes (West Nile and Zika viruses) to chiggers, spiders, mites, and more
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or through 6 washings (whichever comes first) and won't stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear; odorless after drying; Pack of 6 Trigger spray bottles
- Reduce likelihood of a tick bite by 73.6 times by treating shoes and socks with Permethrin (University of Rhode Island study - 2017)
- Each 4.5-ounce trigger spray bottle treats one complete outfit (updated EPA dosage is 4.5 ounces per outfit consisting of shirt, pants, and socks); maximize protection by pairing with Sawyer Picaridin topical repellent for the skin